7/15/08

Tuesday, July 15

An email from my Voice professor.

There are a few things you will need for Voice Class and Singing Tutorials:

• Bring a yoga blanket AND a yoga mat. I have a Tapas ® mat AND a cotton “Blanket Mexican” which I purchased at “huggermugger.com”

• Please wear your monochrome movement clothing to voice class, wear little or no jewelry, and be prepared to work in bare feet or sox.

• You will need to have a song with the sheet music. You do not have to have it learned, but you do need to have it selected and you must have the sheet music. This will be the song/sheet music that you will work on in your singing tutorial.

• You need to have the book “One Voice” by Joan Melton and Kenneth Tom. I purchased my copy at “amazon.com”

• You will need to have a Pronouncing Dictionary; it will assist you greatly with your speech and dialect work in both your 1st and 2nd year. I recommend “English Pronouncing Dictionary” by Daniel Jones (with CD ROM or without). I purchased my copy at “amazon.com”

• Bring water to Voice class every day.

• Do not bring food or any drinks other than water to Voice class.

• Bring a 3-ring binder, a notebook or journal, a pencil.

2 comments:

Heidi Renée said...

Sox?

theedeeter said...

how great of her to give her recommendations of where to buy them, etc!!!