5/9/09

Three Postcards Food: The Contest!

I thought it would be fun to see if my readers can guess what the food I prepared for Three Postcards actually is. What's real? What's fake? What is something other than it is? Leave your guesses in the comments section, or email them to angelaacts@gmail.com. The person who I think has the best guesses will win a prize. :)

So here are the food things that I was in charge of preparing for every performance of the musical Three Postcards, along with what they were supposed to represent. Happy guessing!!!



"Seafood mousse with mushroom caps and fried grapes"



"Cream of fennel soup"



"Cornish hen with bulgar wheat"



"Veal paillard"



"The duck"



"Rum-flavored apple aspic"



"Coffee and cream"

2 comments:

Tim said...

I don't think I'm qualified at all to answer these questions because I know nothing about food. But since I have no classes to worry about, I can waste all the time I want (sorta). Is everything edible?

1. Fake - it appears to be whipped cream and grapes (unfried). I'm hoping it's not mayo. There's no way I could handle that. And it appears too light to be cream cheese.

2. Fake - just milk

3. I dunno...there's rice (as opposed to bulgar wheat, which doesn't seem all the different). The red blob seems jello-like to me. Or maybe a fruit spread of some sort. I cannot tell about that meat.

4. Uh...I see dry spiral noodles and chow mien. I'm not a veal expert, but that looks more like ham to me. But there seem to be chunks of other things IN the meat slab.

5. NOT DUCK! It seems like some kind of cake/bread spread with a kind of cream cheese.

6. Definitely apples there, but I've never even seen/heard the word aspic. Rum is something I'm familiar with. But it's hard to tell. I'd have to smell it ;) I have my doubts there'd be any rum.

7. It may be coffee, but it may also be some kind of cola, which would be much easier to prepare.

Roshan said...

Everything looks classy and tasty. Nice work.