12/11/10

Brunetti Musical Theatre Workshop

One of the things that I have enjoyed most here has been the annual Musical Theatre Workshop, with the luminous David Brunetti.

You participate in the workshop as a 1st-year and 2nd-year. As a 3rd-year, I was able to sit back and watch (without nerves!).

And I have to say, it is truly incredible what musical theatre brings out of actors. The majority of the people who enter my program do not plan to have careers in musical theatre. Many have never sung on stage before this workshop. But they show so much courage in the face of something that terrifies them. And that's incredible.

Here are the songs that they performed:

- 1st-year EW: "Getting Married Today" from Company
- 2nd-year JMM: "Highway Miles" by Peter Mills
- 1st-year FR: "I Am Aldopho" from The Drowsy Chaperone
- 2nd-year SDW: "I Know the Truth" from Aida

- 1st-year LT: "A Way Back to Then" from [title of show]
- 1st-year JC: "I've Got You Under My Skin" by Cole Porter
- 2nd-year JaS: "So in Love" from Kiss Me, Kate
- 1st-year CW: "The Bones of You" by Elbow

- 2nd-year GK: "I Miss the Music" from Curtains
- 1st-year JD: "Someone to Fall Back On" by Jason Robert Brown
- 2nd-year MD: "Joey" by Joe Iconis
- 2nd-year KC: "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Mike Reid and Allen Shamblin

- 1st-year JM: "Meeting Across the River" by Bruce Springsteen
- 2nd-year AS: "Out Here on My Own" from Fame
- 1st-year BR: "The Cop Song" from Urinetown
- 2nd-year BB: "The World Will Know" from Newsies

- 2nd-year GP: "Keep Breathing" by Ingrid Michaelson
- 1st-year KC: "If You Hadn't, But You Did" from Two on the Aisle
- 2nd-year LB: "Your Song" by Elton John
- 1st-year SB: "The Alto's Lament" by Zina Goldrich & Marcy Heisler

- 1st-year ZW: "One Song, Glory" from Rent
- 2nd-year TS: "Only the Good Die Young" by Billy Joel
- 1st-year BP: "Quiet" by Jonathan Reid Gealt
- 2nd-year JoS: "Jack's Lament" from The Nightmare Before Christmas

No comments: