2/13/11

Summer Theatre Auditions

My school has decided to start a new tradition: bringing down representatives of theatres who are doing summer theatre seasons so that we can audition for them. This round of auditions is being called the "first annual", so apparently, the plan is to continue them (which, frankly, is genius... and I can't believe we never did this before).

Kentucky Shakespeare, Nebraska Shakespeare, Hangar Theatre, Banyan Theatre, and American Stage all sent representatives (Colorado Shakespeare was originally slated to come, but unfortunately was unable to attend).

I did two pieces I've done before, so that I'd feel confident and not stressed out. I think it went well. They laughed a great deal at my comedic contemporary, so I think I had them on board.

I had a callback to Nebraska Shakespeare this morning. The gentleman had me read for Helena in A Midsummer Night's Dream (which is, coincidentally, my DREAM ROLE), as well as Horatio in Hamlet. It was a really fun callback. He put me at ease. :)

I'll let you know if it pans out.

No comments: