3/28/11

Drunken Shakespeare

D-Train came up with the idea to do Shakespeare scenes in a bar, during which time both actors and audience would be drinking. And last week, his idea came to fruition at a The Closet (which is a vintage/art store called "Everything But the Girl" by day, and a small performance space by night.

I chose to stick to drinking water (no, seriously, I did; Voice Professor taught me well). But I did some Shakespeare anyway. :)

I did a Luciana monologue from The Comedy of Errors (in a very contemporary style), and a Constance monologue from King John (in a New York dialect). I also helped Iceman as a silent Isabella in his Angelo speeches from Measure for Measure, and D-Train as a silent Ophelia to Dane's Hamlet in his "To be, or not to be?" soliloquy.

It was SO MUCH FUN!!! I hope we get the opportunity to do it again.

Two awesome photographers came and documented the event, and I'm completely obsessed with their shots, so I thought I'd share them here!

The first batch came from Scott Braun.












The second group are by Gabriel Hernandez













2 comments:

Erik said...

Looks like you had a great time! Nice pictures!

Greys Anatomy Episode Guide said...

great pictures, just by looking at it I sense a story coming, I guess the camera really loves you..