12/4/09

Friday, December 4

MOVEMENT
Our Movement Showing went SO WELL!

I could try to tell you about it here, but instead, I did something awesome...

I bought a video camera! A Flip Ultra (which I apparently could've gotten a lot cheaper on Amazon if I'd had more foresight).

I taped some things during rehearsals for the showing, and then I passed off my camera to other people and had them tape some things, too. And then during the showing, I think we managed to tape all the 1st-years Viewpoints work, and all the 2nd-years Contact Improv work.

So I made a YouTube channel! It takes FOREVER to upload anything (about 15 minutes of upload time for each 1 minute of video, it seems), but I'm slowly adding things.

Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/AngelaActs


ACTING
For Acting class, because it was the last day of the semester, we had a pizza party, courtesy of Acting Professoressa. She told us that she loved the Movement Showing, and thought it was impressive. And then we watched a film!

The film was Etoiles - Dancers of the Paris Opera Ballet. Those dancers are OBSESSED with their art. And even though they're working together, many of them called it a lonely life. Despite that, they seem so satisfied by their art that it doesn't matter. It was enthralling.


1ST-YEARS' ACTING SHOWING
I cannot put into words just how proud I am of the 12 of '12. They did phenomenal work at their showing! They did scenes from an unpublished play as etudes, similarly to what our class did with Sarah Ruhl's Late: A Cowboy Song last year. They blew me away. I kept alternating between tears and laughter. It was really beautiful. My love for them was exploding out of me by the time it was through.


OPENING: THE PERFUME SHOP
The Perfume Shop, which is the US Premiere of the play that inspired The Shop Around the Corner, You've Got Mail, and She Loves Me opened. And it is so charming! My beautiful roommate, 3rd-Year NP, is in it as a number-crunching sales clerk. And the ENTIRE 3rd-year class is in it! It's the first Rep show of the season, and they are officially in the company. It's so exciting! And they did a beautiful job. The atmosphere in the busy shop flows into the audience, and you could swear that you smell the perfume from the mezzanine. I loved it, and I'm so excited to see their next opening (which is only a week away!).

No comments: