12/14/09

Quotations: Volume 44

Here are some of the educational, inspirational, and humorous quotations from my classes this week:

(Disclaimer: quotations are often taken out of context and may not accurately reflect the way they were originally intended)

"When you go to auditions, most people are too afraid to go far enough."
- David Brunetti

"I have a friend who says, 'Show me a well-behaved child, and I'll show you an abused child.' Children aren't meant to be perfect."
- David Brunetti

David Brunetti: You just came in half a bar early.
1st-Year GP: (gestures to accompanist) I feel like I need him to go, 'Hit it, Toots!'

(after 1st-Year GK recited the lyrics to "Real Live Girl")
1st-Year TS: Absolutely no character adjustment whatsoever.
David Brunetti: (to 1st-Year GK) Is that true?
1st-Year GK: I don't think so. I don't know.
David Brunetti: Why'd he say that?
1st-Year GK: I don't know why he said that.
1st-Year TS: I don't know why I say most things I say.

1st-Year JaS: You don't know this, but we had thirteen people in our class until she killed one of them. Jorge. With the apple.
Angela: In the Conservatory.

Wifey: I brought in like five songs. I secretly knew this was the one, but how often do you get to sing and have someone just play for you?
Accompanist: You used me!

"You guys are great. I almost feel like I'm not earning my money, because the work is so good I have nothing to do."
- David Brunetti

David Brunetti: Does singing scare you?
1st-Year JaS: It didn't used to. I guess... I suppose it doesn't scare me as much as rock climbing.

"Hello. I'm [1st-Year TS], I'm a first-year, and this is a cat being killed by a bagpipe.... No, it's 'River in the Rain'."
- 1st-Year TS (in a rehearsal)

"Hello. My name is [1st-Year TS], I'm a first-year, and I'm going to sing 'River in the Rain'. And then I'm going to throw up."
- 1st-Year TS (at the Showing)

No comments: