12/1/09

Tuesday, December 1

VOICE
We got our RP monologues back, and I was relieved to see that I did all the shifts correctly... at least on paper.

We started going through people individually reading the text out loud and working on the RP shifts. I'm going tomorrow, and then our verbal exam is on Thursday.

Voice Professor says the next step to take is to mark our operatives, and to try to achieve the "rattle-rattle-bing" quality of RP speakers.

MOVEMENT
Contact Improv day!!!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

I did my improv with Killer (with the theme "Toy Box") and one with D-Train (with the theme "Walking the Plank"), and both of them went really well, and were a ton of fun! We did them without the mats (as we will be doing in our showing on Friday morning), and I feel a lot braver on the hard floor than I used to.

Movement Professor commented about how much stronger I've gotten since last year (and Killer, too). It made me feel wonderful. It's nice to know that all this work is paying off.

After that, instead of doing my normal trio of me, Two-Shots-Up, and All-The-Way, we were joined by Wifey and Newbie. That's right; all the 5 girls in the class did a contact improv together! We used "The Last Supper" as our theme, and it was fascinating, and so fun. Then the 6 guys had a big contact together (their theme was "Genesis"). And after that? Movement Professor let us do a FULL CLASS SUPER CONTACT IMPROV! All 11 of us! OMG, it was awesome. And kind of a mess. But so much fun! We requested to do a full-class improv as a warm-up for the rest of the week. :)

Movement Professor asked us to e-mail her with our requests for what we want to do for the showing on Friday. I requested to do my duets with D-Train and Killer, and the all-girl improv. I have also requested to be involved in the choreographed bits of tap and ballet (which I think we're setting tomorrow in class).


ACTING
Big Show did a presentation on two of the greatest actors of the 20th century: Lawrence Olivier and John Gielgud.

We all got up and did our sonnets. Acting Professoressa said she liked mine. She said it got sluggish somewhere around the 2nd quatrain, but that otherwise it was very good.

The next step with our sonnet work is to really distill the stories. She says we've come a long way in improving on personalizing the language and internalizing the technique.

We started doing table-work on people's monologues. All-the-Way and O.D. went today, and we're going to try to do the other 9 of us tomorrow (apparently, we'll be going quite quickly).

No comments: