8/27/08

Wednesday, August 27

Today was the second day of classes, and I'm already overwhelmed and exhausted.

Tonight I had to read the entirety of Aristotle's "Poetics" as homework for Textual Analysis.

For Movement, I had to write out my "personal injury report", explaining any physical ailments I have or have had in the past.

For Acting I have to read a couple of chapters from a couple of books, and also listen to some tracks from a CD that I don't have yet.

I felt like an idiot all day. Don't get me wrong, I'm a smart cookie. I just feel like I don't have the same working vocabulary for theatrical terms that some of my classmates seem to be equipped with. I'm also concerned that I'm at a disadvantage because of my ADHD. And on top of that, I don't really remember how to be a student anymore (several of my classmates are here straight out of undergrad, whereas I've taken a couple of years off).

In short, it wasn't a good day for me.

My legs hurt quite badly from the two days of jump-roping. I'm sure it'll get easier as time goes on and my body becomes accustomed to the trauma, but it's unpleasant at the moment. I think I'll take some ibuprofen before I go to sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Heidi Renée said...

That's good that you get to officially tell them about your back. You might also throw in getting hit by a car, just to add some excitement to it.

Daniel Boughton said...

Hang in there. You're a tough cookie, too.
I would never remember half the things that should appear on my "personal injury report".