4/30/09

Quotations: Volume 28

Here are some of the educational, inspirational, and humorous quotations from my classes this week:


"But [Analysis Professor], the difference between you and me and these characters is that neither one of us, as far as I know, has frontal lobe damage." - Me

"Have you guys seen... Oh, what am I saying? Of course you haven't! You don't have any time." - Movement Professor

"Oh, you thought I was going to miss the train. Now look how the train is waiting for meeeeeeeeeee!" - Acting Professor, on holding on to impulses for too long

Acting Professor: You are, after all, doing all this for the audience, even though I kept telling you you're not.
Big Show: Well, I'm not gonna!
Iceman: I'm with [Big Show]!

"Yeah, and why not, I say. Why not?" - Acting Professor, saying that there's no reason that O.D.'s character and mine can't be in a huge fight at the top of our scene, the way we mysteriously had been that day

"This class is the hardest class I've taught in terms of getting people to let go of their subjectivity. And that's not a good thing." - Analysis Professor

O.D.: When I saw your curtain speech for Three Postcards about the theatre and compassion, I started tearing up a bit.
Analysis Professor: (laughs) Oh, honey, you gotta get out more.

Two-Shots-Up: I did not appreciate you in the beginning...
Analysis Professor: No one does.

"This is something they used to say about graduate school, but it's gone out of fashion: the things you're learning now won't all make sense until five years from now." - Analysis Professor

"You have no idea what I do in my personal life." - Voice Professor

Voice Professor: You now have twenty minutes to destructure.
D-Train: Mmmm. Delicious.

"I am the biggest nancy boy on the face of the planet. I don't know Joe Louis from the man who invented Little Debbie cakes, and I can read this play... DON'T WRITE THAT DOWN!" - Anonymous