4/14/09

Tuesday, April 14

Movement
We did a lot of leaps and skips across the floor. My leaps are getting pretty good, I think.

Unfortunately, the leaps did not help my I-slipped-in-a-puddle-and-have-leg-pain situation.

We reviewed our West Side Story stuff. We're going to add onto it tomorrow.


Voice

We went out onto the main stage for our Wood Demon pronunciation exam. (The same stage that most of us were in Winter's Tale on this past weekend.) We went one at a time. I thought I did pretty well with the pronunciation. I got an email last night from Voice Professor with my notes:

it means - glottal attack
should - sh was whistle
as for me - glottal attack


So it wasn't perfect, BUT none of my notes were pronunciation-based, and that's what the exam was focusing on, so I count it as a success.


Tech
We didn't have afternoon classes so that those of us doing tech could go to the other theatre. (Big Show and I are on props, All-The-Way and Wifey are on costumes, Killer is on lights.)

We had the Preview performance at 8. There was a decent-sized audience, and they really seemed to love it. Woo-hoo! We open tomorrow.


~A~

1 comment:

Laughing Soul said...

I loved all of my movement classes. Some of the best things I learned were from Suzuki Workshops with SITI company.

Break a leg with all the work your doing.

Slainte