11/30/09

Quotations: Volume 42

Here are some of the educational, inspirational, and humorous quotations from my classes this week:

(Disclaimer: quotations are often taken out of context and may not accurately reflect the way they were originally intended)


"This is not a debate session. FYI."
- Voice Professor, when she was giving notes on our RP

"[O.D.], don't get any closer to me!"
- Voice Professor, when it appeared that O.D. was following her

Newbie: I don't know how [Head of Program] does it. His curtain speeches are great, but I would sound so cheesy if I said some of that stuff.
Voice Professor: He can get away with it because of his height.

"I'm not very professor-ly."
- Voice Professor

(Angela came into class wearing a tutu that she had made the night before... because she's awesome. And then in Voice class, she started tremoring in the tutu.)
Wifey: (seeing Angela tremoring in half-plow) Angela, that looks so funny in your tutu.
Angela: I know. Why do you think I chose the half-plow? I was gonna do first position, but this was so much more entertaining.
Newbie: (laughs)
All-The-Way: I just can't look at you.
Voice Professor: This group is definitely talented and unique.

(while the group was suggesting "doing" verbs for sonnets)
Angela: What about "to lather"?
Acting Professoressa: To lather? Like soap?
Angela: Yeah! It works for me.
Acting Professoressa: Angela, you are the strangest person...

(after a tangent about John Wayne)
Acting Professoressa: Okay, that's great, and now let's get back to the sonnets.
Big Show: Yes, sorry.
Acting Professoressa: It's okay. John Wayne was a big fan of the sonnets. I've heard that many times.

(Acting Professoressa had announced that we would take a break after finishing the current task. When it took longer than expected, she encouraged us to pick up the pace.)
Acting Professoressa: Come on, let's go. I need a cigarette.
Big Show: Me too.
D-Train: Me too.
Acting Professoressa: I'm such a role model.

"I think 'spanking' is fabulous."
- Acting Professoressa, on using "to spank" as a "sensual doing"

"If you wanna blast off, that's something you do in private."
- Acting Professoressa, after someone suggested "to blast off" as a non-literal "doing"

"To shank her?"
- Thrill, suggesting a verb as a "doing" for Newbie's sonnet

"Blast her! Blast her! Positive energy! Blast her!"
- Acting Professoressa, instructing Newbie on how to use a doing in her sonnet

(before a sonnet that Newbie was delivering to Wifey, who was playing Newbie's dying grandmother)
Acting Professoressa: Quiet, everybody!
(Killer coughs)
All-the-Way: [Killer]!
Acting Professoressa: [Killer], I said to be quiet.
Wifey: That's alright. Coughing and sneezing is welcome. Makes me feel like I'm in a hospital.

No comments: