5/3/10

Sarasota Magazine Article

I did an interview a few months ago for a magazine, and there's a picture of me in the May 2010 issue. (I actually didn't realize the issue was out until three different people came up to me at the 3rd-years' graduation today.)

It's apparently the first in a series they're doing about local up-and-comers. It's not online yet (I would link to it if I could), so I'm going to go for the alternative of questionable legality: retype it verbatim. (If you get the magazine, it's on page 24.) Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Angela Acts
An [Awesome Conservatory] student scores a Web hit with her blog

When she enrolled at [Awesome Conservatory] last year, Angela Sauer, now 25, began a daily blog about her experiences. Now her "Angela Learns to Act" has been named one of the country's 100 best blogs for film and theater students. Sauer's blog doesn't identify the school or her 10 classmates -- "I'm comfortable with having my life online, but that doesn't mean others are" -- but so many people have figured it out it's become something of a marketing tool for the Conservatory. Like Sauer, the blog is candid, funny, and irrepressibly enthusiastic about the Conservatory, from its "fabulous teachers" and individualized approach to an "incredibly supportive community." Loose-limbed and expressive, Sauer declares she "can't survive without the theatre in my life," but hasn't yet "nailed down my type -- I want to do everything!" - Pam Daniel

No comments: