5/8/10

Saturday, May 8

Two-Shots-Up, Iceman, Wifey, Newbie, and I went to see the matinee of Mrs. Warren's Profession at The Comedy Theatre. (Student Rush tickets for-the-win!) It was seriously great. I liked it far more than most Shaw I've experienced in my life (I'm not generally a Shaw fan). Unfortunately, my jet-lag-warped circadian rhythm made me suddenly sleepy in the final act... But I still enjoyed it.

I grabbed a quick lunch before the show (tomato, mozzarella, and avocado salad), and a quick desert after it (something called "Sticky Toffee Sponge", which was pretty good).

After that, Wifey and I went out wandering. I brought her to Neal Street, which is part of an area of pedestrian streets called "7 Dials", and from there we went into the Covent Gardens area. Then we headed back up to New Oxford Street to pick up Newbie, and then continued our wandering. They ended up getting some books at Foyle's (which appears to be London's equivalent of Barnes & Noble). Wifey and I also got great gelato at a place called "Scoop".

During the day, I passed:
- three men dressed like Waldo (from Where's Waldo?) who were talking about finding "number four". (Wifey said, "I found you!" Sadly, they didn't respond.)
- a group of people singing and playing instruments, carrying a sign that said "Hare Krishna"
- a bunch of men in skintight body suits (covering their faces) in various colors, parading in rainbow order through Leicester Square, singing "If You're Happy and You Know It (Clap Your Hands)"

1 comment:

Mariana said...

Hahaha! London rocks. In my last trip, I passed a man wearing a Sherlock Holmes hat!

Seriously now, it's a wonderful place. You're really lucky to be there. Enjoy!