5/6/10

Thursday, May 6

We have safely arrived in London!

The plane ride was nice. I sat next to Wifey in a block of 3 seats, and the third was vacant, so we had a little extra room to stretch out while (attempting to) sleep. The food on the plane was actually really good. I had a mango-papaya cheesecake in a cup that was SO delicious, it was unbelievable. I watched The Lovely Bones. I made mixed drinks. It was great. We hardly slept (it's just so hard to sleep on a plane), so most people are pretty out of it now.

We landed at Gatwick around 8:40am (London time). But it took forever to get to our place. We didn't end up seeing our flat until around 1:30pm.

We're in a housing facility that the University owns. The girls have the penthouse flat (which is a PAIN, because there are no stairs, and we have to enter through the basement of a neighboring building... remind me to post a video of how convoluted our route is). Five girls, 1 bathroom, for six weeks. This is going to be... interesting.

I'm sharing a (very small, very cramped) bedroom with Two-Shots-Up. Our room contains two stand-alone closets, two small dressers, two twins beds, and a chair. All-The-Way, Newbie, and Wifey are sharing the (slightly-bigger-but-equally-cramped) bedroom next to us. Honestly though, we might as well all be in the same room, because we share a wall. As I mentioned, we have one (very small) bathroom. We have a kitchen, and we have a little living room area (which has two nice couches and a television).

The boys are in the 3rd-floor flat. They have equally cramped rooms, but they have two bathrooms. Also, they somehow lucked out and have a microwave.

At the moment, I am super tired. I'm trying to stay up until about 9pm or so, to help my internal clock right itself. We'll see if that works.

We went to a little meet-and-greet thing with program staff. The vast majority of the other students here are undergrads. I've only met one grad student who isn't in our program (I think she said she's studying art... or art history...? -- it has been a long day).

Alright, I must be off. I have to go get a power adapter for my lovely computer (Lady MacBook) so that I continue blogging in the future.

All good things,

~A~

No comments: