9/4/09

Friday, September 4

VOICE
We read aloud our sections from Lady with the Lapdog, and Voice Professor gave us notes. One of the notes I received seemed like one that EVERYONE was getting: use the "aw" vowel in the word "morning". The other note was that I had to take a catch-breath in one of my long sentences to prevent myself from going into glottal fry.

We will be having our Lady with the Lapdog Standard American Dialect exam on September 15th, and we need it memorized by then. We will have our Vocal Extremes exam (on things like screaming) on September 18th. For Tuesday, we need to have a short monologue to work on using the RP British dialect, so that the males in our class have at least a little bit of it before their auditions for Blue/Orange (which will require various British dialects).


MOVEMENT
We did stretches with the ballet bars today. I was significantly less frustrated than yesterday, which is obviously good.

We did some more Little Bears work. I was partnered with Newbie, and we found some pretty neat stuff. It made me happy.


ACTING
We had an action-packed class today.

O.D. started off our "Great Actors Series" with his project on Richard Burbage (aka Shakespeare's good friend, the first Hamlet, and the greatest tragedian of his time).

Then we went into our Adopt-A-God projects. I tried to speed through Hera, because if you don't go into details on the myths, there's not too much you really need to know. She was the goddess of women and marriage, and she punished people who slept with her husband or otherwise did her wrong. I made a chart of people who wronged Hera, the crimes they committed, and the revenges she took against them.

After those projects, we read through Helen for the first time. It has a lot of great comedic moments to it. I'm stoked for it. We will be presenting The Greeks on October 16th at 4pm. If you're local, mark your calendar. :)

We ended class by assigning Greek character names to all of our unnamed Chorus & Soldier roles. In Electra, my character will be Daphne. In Helen, my character will be Eulalia. Love it!




And now I'm off, to a greatly anticipated weekend. :)

No comments: