9/29/09

Tuesday, September 29

NOTE: I don't know if I'm going to be able to blog on a regular basis this week. My beloved computer, Lady MacBook, is broken. I'm typing on a computer at school tonight, but I make no promises about my willingness to do this every night after rehearsal, as what I really want to do right now is go home.


VOICE
We had our vocal extremes exam today. I did better on my shouting than my screaming, I think. I did pretty terribly on my head-roll-hum, because I always put my head too far back (apparently, my neck is one of the things I have that's a little too flexible).

MOVEMENT
Some people started doing contact improv without the safeguard of doing it on mats (as we have been). I wasn't really ready for that (I'm a bit of a thrasher-and-crasher), but maybe I will be later in the week.

I was paired up with Wifey today. It was our first time working together, and it was really fun.

ACTING
We worked on Andromache again. I just haven't been trusting myself as much as I need to. My self-esteem has kind of taken a beating in the last few weeks of my life, and it's not making me a particularly good actor. I hope my faith in myself comes back soon.

MYSTERY PLAYS
Over the weekend, we did a TON of tablework. We finally finished with it today. The way the play is written, each act is like a separate play (with a little crossover). We did another readthrough of the first act, "The Filmmaker's Mystery", at the end of rehearsal with the goal of incorporating notes from tablework. Tomorrow, we'll start rehearsal with a readthrough of the second act, "Ghost Children".

No comments: