10/16/09

Friday, October 16

THE GREEKS
To say I am proud of my class would be an understatement. I adore my class. I am in awe of my class. And I feel honored to be able to be on stage with these people and work alongside them. They inspire me. I love them.

We had a pretty full house, which was exciting and invigorating. And after weeks of delivering lines to empty seats where the areopagites supposedly sat, we had actual PEOPLE to talk to. It was AMAZING. I think it pushed everyone to the next level in their work. It's incredible just how much it helps to have an audience.

Everyone stepped up their game. It was great to watch, and even better to work with.

And it was such a high! It felt so great to perform (even though technically The Greeks is a "showing" and not a "performance"). I felt good about the work that I did. Of course, I wasn't perfect (like the point when I went into glottal fry while yelling "Kill me -- come on I'm ready -- but leave my son alone!"), but I never will be. Acting is not about perfection; it's about trying to be truthful under any circumstances (including extreme ones, like The Greeks). I think I found some of that truth. And it felt right.

Thank you to everyone out there who came to support us!!!


~A~

No comments: