10/18/09

Sunday, October 18

ACTING
I didn't mention this before, but I really want to have a record of it... On Friday, before The Greeks, Acting Professoressa asked us all into the women's dressing room, and knighted us all as "great actors" using a light-up plastic sword. It was one of my favorite moments of grad school thus far. I loved it.

MYSTERY PLAYS
I love this play. Seriously, I do. It's two fascinating stories in one. I'm really excited to perform it.

That said, I am at a challenging place in rehearsal right now, and some days it's pretty frustrating. I feel like I'm not doing anything right. Neither of my characters is where I want her to be yet. And I know I'll grow into them more in the next week, but it's not easy to make it through this stage of the process.

Our Assistant Stage Manager is 1st-year LB, and he's been doing a great job taking line notes for us. Most of mine right now are paraphrasing (saying "alright" instead of "okay", or "don't do this to me again" instead of "never do this to me again"). Through the course of the day, I got 16 line notes (which, especially considering that I don't have a ridiculous number of lines, is way too high). I have a lot of work to do.

Voice Professor came to rehearsal on Saturday and handed me some notes after the run:
- "I know all I am is your agent" - unclear
- "As soon as I come up with something" - this was difficult to understand
- Angela, excellent work! In both pieces.


That last line made me feel better. At least I'm doing SOMETHING right.

We have rehearsal today from 12pm-5pm. And then tomorrow, mercifully, we have a day off. And I think my mind needs it.

No comments: