10/7/09

Wednesday, October 7

VOICE
We had a luxurious warm-up today in Voice class, which we hadn't done for about a week (because we've been focusing on sharpening our mental skills for scansion as opposed to physical skills).


MOVEMENT
I finally got a chance to do contact improv with Two-Shots-Up, who was the only person remaining in my class whom I had not yet been partnered with for it. It was really fun.


ACTING
I got far fewer notes today for Andromache today than I've been getting. Acting Professoressa said that my "linking" was greatly improved and the pace was a lot better as a result. I am now running the script, as opposed to it running me. Here were my notes:

- On the line "What do you think it's like?", draw in the areopagites. It's a tactic.
- On the line "I am merely pleasant", do not taunt Hermione.
- On the line "Yes, feed them at my breast", land the word "breast"
- During argument with Hermione, find more variety in tactics.
- In the "Why should I thank the gods?" monologue, don't do "flipper-action" with hands.
- On the line "Men damage us", don't overdo it with aggression.
- On the line "Out of me will be born men of blood and bone", don't shift weight.


MYSTERY PLAYS
We blocked the end of the second act! Woo-hoo! Preliminary blocking is over. Now we get to hurry up and learn our lines, because the show opens in two weeks. Fun times.

No comments: