1/21/10

Thursday, January 21

I didn't have Movement today, because Movement Professor was just working with partner pairs.


VOICE
I came into Voice class today with sunglasses on because I had a headache. I think it may have actually helped with my New York dialect work. :)

We're having a lot more fun with this dialect than the last one.

Our cheat sheets are due tomorrow.



ACTING
Big Show and I did table-work on our Richard III scene. He's playing Richard, and I'm Elizabeth. It's a great scene, but it's going to be challenging.

Acting Professoressa asked what we thought the challenges in the scene were going to be. The biggest challenge for me will be not using sarcasm at all. Acting Professoressa wants me to try coming at things in the scene with naïveté, so I'm going to try my best to work on that while she's off recruiting.



THE LAST 5 YEARS
Tonight was the Rep's opening of The Last 5 Years. It has been my favorite musical for about 8 years now, but I'd never actually seen it on stage. I fell in love with the cast recording, and have always wanted to see it, and I finally got my chance!

The couple playing Jamie and Cathy in this production are both graduates of my Conservatory, and are married in real life. So during the production, they used actual video from their wedding and their first dance at their reception, their engagement photo, a wedding picture... It added something really special to the production, and made the love between the characters ring so true. I loved that. :)

No comments: