11/22/08

Quotations: Volume 13

Here are some of the educational, inspirational, and humorous quotations from my classes this week:


(on our upcoming assessments)
3rd-Year DP: It's nothing to worry about.
2nd-Year KS: But they do provide you with tissues.

"I saw your lunch break in the corridor. Very touching." - Acting Professor, after seeing The Pro and I eat our lunches in the hallway before a student rep meeting

O.D.: I've been watching the patrons as they come in while I'm house managing. Observe them. Try to look into their eyes.
Acting Professor: No wonder ticket sales are down.

"Strange actors. They want to read the play." - Acting Professor, using a healthy dose of sarcasm.

Me: Dubai is like Vegas times twenty.
All-The-Way: It's Vegas on heroin.
Wifey: Vegas on Bollywood.
Me: That kinda makes sense.
Wifey: 'cause Bollywood is a drug.

"I think I've got plenty of leg." - Voice Professor, who is incredibly slim

All-The-Way: [Voice Professor], you're an appetizer.
Voice Professor: What?
All-The-Way: Like if a cannibal were going to eat you...
Wifey: My rump alone is a main course.
All-The-Way: I think it's good to be at least a side dish.

All-The-Way: Can we read these scenes that we've just been assigned?
Acting Professor: Nah. I think we should get together on the fourth and just kinda wing it.

(after Iceman and Two-Shots-Up did a Scene Etude)
Iceman: That wasn't what I would've done on stage at all.
Acting Professor: This is an exercise. If this is the same as on stage, then what the hell are we exercising?

(after waltzing)
Movement Professor: How are you doing?
Iceman: (with a vaguely British accent) My dance card's never been so full.

(while we did a combination across the floor)
Movement Professor: Don't accelerate! We never want to accelerate in our acting, either.
D-Train: Sometimes...
Movement Professor: Well... Sometimes...
Iceman: Yeah. Like what if you're playing a racecar driver...

"The pelvis is the anchor for all of life." - Movement Professor

Movement Professor: Does anyone know what this piece of music is called?
O.D.: (he says something that sounds unintelligible and foreign)
Movement Professor: Actually, it's "Fanfare for the Common Man".
O.D.: Yes. I said its German title.
Movement Professor: But... It's by Aaron Copland...

"There's a form. And the form says... I have no idea what the form says." - Voice Professor

"It takes tremendous patience and control to do anything that's real." - Acting Professor

"Some actors are like Disney Wood. I've been to Disney World. There's lots of Disney Wood there. It looks nice, but it's all plastic." - Acting Professor

"Is this a compliment? I agree." - The Pro, responding to one of Acting Professor's comments on his etude

"Don't listen like a pencil point. Listen like an elephant." - Movement Professor

"Tell her to take a taxi. They're these yellow cars, and they're a really good idea." - Voice Professor, telling D-Train how to handle a rescheduled class conflicting with when he was supposed to pick up his girlfriend from the airport

"Make this an action, and do not be seduced by the sound of your voice." - Voice Professor

O.D.: I wondered how I'd recognize [D-Train's girlfriend] at the show tonight, but then I realized, she'll be the pretty girl with the long brown hair.
D-Train: (ecstatic) AH! She's gorgeous!
Voice Professor: Don't talk about me while I'm here!

"Let's do this dirty thing we do so well." - Acting Professor, beginning etudes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog.
Paulo
Portugal