11/13/08

Thursday, November 13

Movement
We sort of started doing waltz today. Not really, because it was more fake waltzing than real waltzing, but sort of. I guess we're going to do it for real next semester. I'm all for any sort of dancing where the other person is leading. :)


Voice
We started learning a new tremor today... The standing tremor! And it's really sort of weird. Instead of just being a position, like the others are, it's a whole multi-step process. At one point, I found a small tremor in one of my legs, but nothing major. I think it's going to take a lot of practice before this one takes hold.


Acting
We just worked on etudes the whole time in order to prepare for our test tomorrow. My first set was with Thrill. Our professor said the first try was fine, but he had us do it again after recording more specific given circumstances. I think the second round went well.

My second set was with Killer. We did 3 rounds of it, and every time turned out pretty differently (which I always get a kick out of). The first time I cried, the second time I was angry, and the third time ended up with me in a fit of laughter kicking Killer playfully.

Some moments were more truthful than others, and there were definitely times when I fell. That said, I think I'm improving a lot in that class. I think I'm becoming more consistent and am trusting myself more than I used to. Let's hope I can do it again tomorrow.


Analysis
We discussed Anna Christie by Eugene O'Neill, and the discussion went so well that our professor is canceling class on Tuesday and allowing us that time to work on our upcoming group presentations. Woo-hoo!

No comments: