11/16/09

Quotations: Volume 40

Here are some of the educational, inspirational, and humorous quotations from my classes this week:

(Disclaimer: quotations are often taken out of context and may not accurately reflect the way they were originally intended)


(before O.D. started his sonnet)
"Shake out yours arms, would you? But don't lose your alignment. (to class) He's gonna kill me... 'Professor Slain; Gruesome Murder in Front of Adorable Precious Dog'."
- Acting Professoressa

"[O.D.], why are you putting your back to me constantly? Is it something I've done?"
- Acting Professoressa

"There are people who should be paid to have children, I've always said. And people who should be paid NOT to have children."
- Acting Professoressa, on the "beautiful people" of the world

"Don't be tame in your choices. Why use pastels? This is Shakespeare. I want to see primary colors."
- Acting Professoressa

"Don't fall into the Mother Theresa Syndrome, where what you're doing is for the betterment of humanity. You have to have a personal connection to the 'Need'."
- Acting Professoressa, on not having an altruistic objective for your character

"Well, you are the Dane."
- Acting Professoressa, on why someone named Dane should play Hamlet

Acting Professoressa: So let's say you're going to an audition and they want two conflicting pieces... (realizing she misspoke) Not conflicting. Contrasting.
Iceman: Sometimes it's both.
Killer: I'm playing Romeo AND Juliet!

"You're handsome, you're young, you have a 'Need'!"
- Acting Professoressa, on why Killer should play Romeo

"God bless you for trying to get it all right off the bat, but for now, let's not focus on operatives."
- Voice Professor, on our first day of the British RP dialect

(regarding the RP cheat sheet assignment we have to turn in on Tuesday)
Voice Professor: I must be able to read it.
Killer: (joking) Why?
Voice Professor: I know, I'm stating the obvious. No blood on the paper, and I must be able to read it.
Wifey: Then I'll be sure not to take it to Winn-Dixie.

"That was [Iceman] taking his [O.D.] for a walk."
- Killer, after Iceman and O.D. did contact improv together

"This is a huge thing. This is like Lou Dobbs quit CNN."
- Acting Professoressa

No comments: