3/2/10

Tuesday, March 2

Voice Professor canceled class today so that we could have a little extra rest before our tech/preview day.

MOVEMENT
We got together to work on the pavane as a class. It's going just fine.

After that, I worked with Movement Professor individually on my restoration Stuffed Turkey monologue. She likes what I'm doing with it. I keep worrying that I'm going to move my body too much, or not stay in counterpoint between movement and text. Movement Professor said something like, "Why do you keep worrying you're doing it wrong? You're not doing it wrong. Maybe I don't tell you enough that you're doing a good job. But you are. You're doing a good job." So that helped me to relax a bit.

I've blocked the first 15 lines of the monologue (which now involves me falling to the floor). I have 25 lines total, so I have to block the rest on my own before Friday (which is when we're showing them to our classmates).


MACHINAL

The weekend of tech was fine. Actually, it wasn't bad for me at all. I'm only in 3 out of 10 scenes in the play, so it was just a lot of sitting around for me. On Sunday, we did 2.5 runs of the show, which I think takes a lot out of Newbie (she has the largest and most emotionally exhausting role in the play), but she was a trooper.

Today, we spent the afternoon figuring out kinks in tech stuff, and then had our preview performance. We had a pretty full house, and the audience seemed to be really rocked by it. I went out to the lobby after the show, and several people were so affected by the show that they all just stayed around the theatre, talking to each other about it. I'm so excited by that, I can't even tell you.

Here's a video about the show:



I'm excited for opening!

No comments: