3/1/10

Quotations: Volume 51

Here are some of the educational, inspirational, and humorous quotations from my classes this week:

(Disclaimer: quotations are often taken out of context and may not accurately reflect the way they were originally intended)


"If you're not willing to make a fool of yourself, you're going to be extremely limited as an actor."
- Acting Professoressa

"Ask her again if she had an intent to call Expedia and go to Paris."
- Acting Professoressa, to Wifey during a Shakespeare scene where she asks Two-Shots-Up if she's planning to go to Paris

"Yeah. But don't scare me when you say it."
- Voice Professor, to O.D. after he said a sentence in his (apparently scary) New York dialect

"My wish for you is that you should be able to take care of yourselves when you're on stage next year."
- Acting Professoressa

"Just because she says she's going to marry him, doesn't mean she means it. Sometimes we say things we don't mean."
- Machinal Director

"I bet, if I cross yellow with red, I'll get orange... and then I can paint a sunset!"
- Acting Professoressa, demonstrating a discovery moment

"It's been twenty-four hours. He's had twenty-four hours to think about her. He has a pin-up book of her in his head. Well, he's a man."
- Acting Professoressa, on how Angelo has been thinking about Isabella in Measure for Measure

"I don't know why this line is so long."
- Acting Professoressa, on a line that Two-Shots-Up has in her All's Well That Ends Well scene

Iceman: (to Two-Shots-Up) You were doing it awesomely! (to the room) Right?
Acting Professoressa: Well, I don't know. I gave her a note. So maybe not.

"And how do you want to serve her that? With a sledgehammer of a piece of pie?"
- Acting Professoressa, to Big Show on how he makes Angela an offer in their Richard III scene

"Yeah, just turn out, Angela... We want to see your boobs."
- All-The-Way, instructing Angela on how to stand in the scene (and it totally helped)

No comments: