3/31/10

Wednesday, March 31

Movement class was canceled today.

THE PERFUME SHOP
I went and saw it again last night, and it's just as charming as ever. This show closes Thursday night, so go see it if you haven't!


VOICE
I got my Irish transcription back. I got 90% on it (which is a more disappointing grade for me in grad school than it was in undergrad), mostly because of stupid mistakes. And also because apparently I IPA the word "sorry" incorrectly in Standard American (the vowel should be the same as the word "honest"). Oh well.

I started reading through the scene out loud, VERY slowly, with both of my scene partners, Killer & Iceman. (Because we have an odd number in our class, someone has to go with two partners. And that lucky person is me.)

I'm starting to be able to hear it, but not in the way that I could with RP or New York. After awhile, I could just FEEL those, and instinctively KNOW when I was saying something incorrectly. I honestly don't know if I'll ever get to that point with Irish. It's going to be more about memorizing specific sentences with all the proper sounds, and drilling them. I'm sure I'll do fine, but it's going to be hard work.


ACTING
We started blocking the Twelfth Night scene that Newbie and I are doing... and decided that we might actually make it longer, by adding a bit on to the beginning with Sir Toby, Sir Andrew, and Mariah. The guys are drunk, so that's pretty entertaining.

No comments: