1/30/09

Friday, January 30

I finally went to the doctor today and got some medication. I am hopeful that I'll have my voice back (and no coughing) for all the filming this weekend. *crosses fingers* When I went in, they said I had a fever. And I must admit, I feel pretty lousy as I'm writing this.


Stage Combat Workshop
We finished our bit of choreography that the 2nd-years are using for their Actor-Combatant Recognition exams. It's pretty fun, actually.

I worked with Thrill, and we created a little scenario, and adapted some of the choreography to better fit our story. Unfortunately, I totally screwed up a punching sequence when we were showing it to everyone (1st and 2nd years). I felt like a moron.


On Camera Workshop
We continued filming monologues and reaction shots yesterday. I did my monologue too fast for camera (which was weird, as I'd already slowed it down from what it would be on stage).

We got the scenes and scene-partners that we'll be working with this weekend. I'm paired with 2nd-year BW on a scene from the movie Hannah and Her Sisters, which I'm completely unfamiliar with.

We met the directors tonight, briefly, to kind of discuss their ideas for the scenes. Each scene will be shot twice, with different directors. It all begins tomorrow. I hope it goes well.


Acting
I met with my Acting Professor yesterday to discuss my observation exam. He rather liked my Floral Designer and my Air Mattress. He said that my Flamingo had improved (he said something about having "nasty bird eyes" which I didn't fully understand), but he seemed less keen on it than my others. He encouraged me to keep working on my Person observation and to bring it into class again next week.

No comments: