1/4/09

Sunday, January 4

The Imaginary Invalid has officially opened, and I am officially able to be called in to play the role of Beline on any given day. I've been keeping my cell phone by my side, and running the lines on my own on a daily basis. I know I'm still doing a little paraphrasing (saying "Poopsie" when I should be saying "Sweetums", and that sort of thing), and the blocking I'm doing in my kitchen isn't quite what it would be on stage, but I think I'm doing alright. If I HAD to go on, the show wouldn't be a complete and utter disaster. This is despite the fact that we haven't had a rehearsal yet. Weird.

The opening went really splendidly. I sat up in the nosebleed seats with D-Train and a friend from town. We were in the next to last row in the Balcony (seriously, I had no idea the theater was as scary huge as it is until I sat there). The show is hilarious, and the audience really seemed to love it. I'm geeked that I'm connected with it (even though I had absolutely nothing to do with the performance... still, I feel involved).

The next show of the 2nd-year's season opens in a couple of days, and I'm really geeked to see it. They're doing Blur by Melanie Marnich. This is the only show in the 2nd-years' season that I'm not working tech on in some way (I'm working box office this quarter instead), so the anticipation has been building up in me for weeks. So exciting!

No comments: