1/13/09

Tuesday, January 13

Ballroom Workshop
We learned a dance step called "The French Cross" that seemed to trip everyone up (probably didn't help that the piece of music we were trying it to was pretty much at warp speed). We did turns across the floor. We did turns in circles. Frankly, it looks more like a comedy than a dance at this point, but I think we're making progress.

Voice
We worked with sending and landing our text a bit. Turns out, a lot of us have trouble landing words with final "l" consonants.

Acting
Observations galore.

Skills:
Big Show - pizza chef

Animals:
D-Train - sloth
Iceman - cow
O.D. - tortoise
Two-Shots-Up - rabbit

Inanimate Objects:
All-The-Way - scissors
Me - inflatable mattress
Killer - Swiss Army knife

People:
Thrill - "Sam"


Analysis
We came to class and discussed our thoughts on Sonnet 54. I had a decidedly more sexual interpretation of it than my compatriots (but I think they found it amusing). I really love breaking down poetic texts. It's like a puzzle waiting to be solved. So much fun.

2 comments:

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim said...

Well, and Shakespeare had a dirty mind, too. You can't avoid that.

(I removed the first one because I couldn't write to save the life of me)