1/14/09

Wednesday, January 14

The coolest thing to happen to me today? I read this list of the 100 Best Blogs for Film and Theater Students, and this blog was on it! I'm #48, baby!

Ballroom Workshop
Man, it's hard not to lead. And I never notice that I'm doing it until someone (usually D-Train) points it out to me. Have GOT to work on that.

We waltzed to "Dancing" from Hello, Dolly! for most of the day, which meant you really had to listen to the music, as the tempo changes frequently. We also worked on spins, which were great fun (if occasionally dizzying).

Voice
More of our sending-and-landing work with text. I didn't go today, but I'm already concerned that I might be breathing incorrectly... I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Acting
We didn't get to very much today, because our professor lectured a great deal.

I did my floral design professional skill observation, and it didn't go terrifically well. I think I was concentrating too much on precision with my movements and not enough about artistry. *sigh*

Professional Skills:
D-Train - Barrista
Killer - Butcher
Me - Floral Designer

People:
All-The-Way
Newbie (nickname still not yet established)

I think that was it. Which means we have a TON to get through tomorrow.

Homework
Now that I'm back from working the box office, I have to get to work on my part of a group presentation for Analysis class tomorrow on The Elizabethan World Picture. I'm taking the subjects of "Order" and "Sin". Should be interesting.

I also really have to work on my "person" observation before tomorrow. I feel like I still don't really understand how to use the essence of the person I observed. I pray that it'll go alright tomorrow, but I'm pretty nervous for it.

And I feel like I am SO FAR BEHIND on memorizing my lines for The Winter's Tale. It opens a week from Friday! I'm going to eat, sleep, and BREATHE that text this weekend.


~A~

No comments: