2/22/10

Quotations: Volume 50

Nifty Fifty!

Here are some of the educational, inspirational, and humorous quotations from my classes this week:

(Disclaimer: quotations are often taken out of context and may not accurately reflect the way they were originally intended)


"I've got to find a new party!"
- D-Train, while improvising a scene in Movement class with Big Show using his "external" of "on cocaine". Big Show had told him that it wasn't cool to show up at his party like that

"Your version of this scene prevents a far more dysfunctional relationship than I ever thought possible."
- Acting Professoressa, to O.D. and D-Train about their Brutus/Cassius scene from Julius Caesar

"You're not giving me enough dill on the pickle there, on the word 'honors'."
- Acting Professoressa, to D-Train

"It is way too early in the morning for me to control myself."
- Head of Program, after making a randy comment at 9:00am

Head of Program: No professional organization worth its salt is going to give you one side that's completely clean, and then another side where she strips off all her clothes, has sex with five men, and then murders a dog.
Iceman: Although I would like to see that play...

"I guess what I'm saying is, be prepared to fib, if not outright lie."
- Head of Program, on getting out of an audition that makes you uncomfortable by saying you have a scheduling conflict

"If you say, 'her peas', make sure it doesn't sound like 'herpes'."
- Voice Professor

(after watching one of Thrill's expressive actions with a handkerchief)
Movement Professor: What does that mean?
Thrill: "Smell me, I am man."

(Big Show has worn a baseball cap to class, and has rotated it sideways)
Acting Professoressa: Why do you have your hat on like that?
Big Show: Do you like it?
Acting Professoressa: No, I think you look like a jerk. You're a Shakespearean actor. Don't wear your hat like that.

No comments: