2/25/10

Thursday, February 25

VOICE
Voice Professor was out today. We did our warm-up along with a recording that we have of her.

After that, I got together with Thrill to work on our New York dialect scene. Big Show left instead of working with us, so Thrill and I traded off reading his lines.


MOVEMENT
The first 30 minutes of class, Movement Professor worked one-on-one with All-the-Way figuring out all the counts of the Pavane (she's our dance captain for the assignment). Then she worked with all the girls showing us the counts.


ACTING
In Iceman & Newbie's scene from Measure for Measure, I play a servant with exactly one line: "One Isabel, a sister, desires access to you." And then he tells me to send her in, and I leave. Not exactly a pivotal role. But Acting Professoressa wanted me to say what my "Need" was in the scene alongside the others, nonetheless. So we ended up with the idea that my need was to be the best servant that the world has ever known, and to just sort of disappear into the background (which she liked to Anthony Hopkins in The Remains of the Day). So backstage, I was trying to get into character, and then I came out and bowed, but Iceman's back was to me and he didn't see me bow to him... so I just kept bowing instead of saying my line. And then I was so nervous about not being the best servant ever, that I screwed up pretty much every word in my ONE LINE. I think I said, "Isabella, one Isabella, a servant, wants access to thee." COMPLETELY wrong. Everyone just started laughing. It was a disaster.

Anyway. That was the most memorable part of acting class for me today: screwing up a scene that I was barely in.


MACHINAL
We're starting to tech. The Director warned us that this is going to be a vicious tech process, and that we're going to have to use every minute of it. Let the games begin.

No comments: