2/11/10

Thursday, February 11

Voice class was optional today, for anyone who hadn't completed their transcriptions. I've already done mine (twice, in fact), so I slept in.


MOVEMENT
We started class with Movement Professor playing a recording of Michael Jackson's original demo of "Beat It". It was fascinating. It really had nothing to do with movement, but I'm glad she incorporated it into our day.

We talked more about period styles. Newbie finished up her presentation, complete with paintings of wives and mistresses. Movement Professor played us some Vivaldi, and showed us pictures of the time period.


ACTING
More scene work. I'm playing a servant with one line in Iceman & Newbie's Measure for Measure scene, which I am going after with a lot of gusto. :) The first time I did the line, I came in with the idea that Iceman's character had beaten me earlier in the day. My classmates seemed to get a kick out of it, but Acting Professoressa thought it was too extreme. We tried several other things (because, as is important to know, even a character with one line can make a lot of difference in a scene). We tried me sneaking on creepily. We tried me being crazy like Lady Gaga. It was fun to experiment with.

No comments: