2/10/10

Wednesday, February 10

VOICE
We spent the class period working on our transcriptions for the New York dialect. I turned mine in at the end of class yesterday, and got it back today. I did TERRIBLY on it, which is unusual for me, because I'm good at transcription, IPA, and this dialect. But I'm sick and hazy, and was making mistakes left and right. I re-did my entire transcription in class today. Unfortunately, it won't improve my grade, but I'm not in grad school for grades; I'm here for the training. And I decided it was important to my training to rewrite the transcription and make sure that I could do it right.

MOVEMENT
More presentations on period styles. Thrill & Two-Shots-Up talked about Elizabethan England. Big Show, Newbie, and Wifey talked about English Restoration.

ACTING
We watched some scene work.

I'm the stage manager for the Othello scene, which is easily the most complicated of the scenes. My duties for this are:
- be ready to give lines
- be rigorous about the actors getting the text correct
- know the beat changes
- write down blocking once it is set

No comments: