2/9/10

Tuesday, February 9

We're finally back to normal classes, and I'm totally relieved.

I'm also still totally sick. I carried a box of anti-viral tissues with me all day and... I'm out of them. Yes, that's right. I went through AN ENTIRE BOX OF TISSUES in ONE DAY. Yeah, it's not pretty.



VOICE
We were originally supposed to have a cold reading workshop this week, but it's been bumped due to Head of Program's schedule. So as a result, we spent the class period working on our transcriptions of our Play It Again, Sam scenes into a General New York dialect. I finished my transcription mid-class and gave it to Voice Professor. She says she'll check it and give it back to me tomorrow. (She, for the record, is also sick.)

MOVEMENT
We've started with our "30 interesting facts" group presentations on Restoration. All-The-Way, Killer, and Iceman started off with their presentation on Italian and French Restoration. Then D-Train, O.D., and I talked about Spanish Restoration and Golden Age. We ended up running out of time, so O.D. will be finishing his facts tomorrow.

Over the last couple of weeks, All-the-Way (who is assisting the costume shop for her student assistantship this year) has helped everyone in the class get costumes for our baroque dance and restoration monologue unit. We are supposed to bring in our fans/snuffboxes/handkerchiefs and outfits this week.

We also have the assignment to find a picture of a type of Baroque lace, and a type of dog, and also create a character name for ourselves (the three should be inter-related).



ACTING
We hadn't seen Acting Professoressa in about an eon, as she's been off doing recruitment. She spent the first part of class talking all about her recruitment adventures, and using them as examples of what to do and what not to do in auditions (mostly what not to do... you'd be shocked and amazed at some things people do...) I don't have the energy to type everything up right now (I seriously took 6.5 pages of notes just on that), but maybe over the weekend I'll get a chance to do a post on the subject.

We discussed what we've been doing in her absence (Roy Hart, Stage Combat, and Machinal). It was nice. A little like Show & Tell crossed with therapy.

After that, we actually got to work. We're now getting on our feet with the Shakespeare scenes she assigned before she left. Today, Wifey and Two-Shots-Up started working on their All's Well That End's Well scene.

Big Show and I have been working on our Richard III stuff every chance we get. I hope we do alright.



MACHINAL
I was only called for the first 30 minutes of rehearsal for the ensemble exercises. We have officially moved into the theatre now (which wasn't hard to do, as we don't really have a set). We played the "move chairs into a word" game again today, after not playing it for a long while, and ended up spelling "FORT". It wasn't bad at all.

1 comment:

Mega said...

When you say "Restoration", what are you referring to? Like a restoration of the past arts of certain civilizations, or of the civilizations in general?