4/2/10

Friday, April 2

VOICE
I finished reading through the Irish scene with both Killer and with Iceman. The dialect is definitely getting less intimidating as I go.

The hardest sound for me to consistently shift is the vowel in "hut", which shifts to the vowel in "wood". I know how to do it, but for some reason I don't always in the moment.


MOVEMENT
We continued exploring the space using our Commedia movement styles. We also worked on the evolution from our Commedia animals to our Commedia types.

We did a full group exploration/improv as the animals that our Commedia types are connected to, and then as the characters themselves. Eventually, we started playing games as the characters (like a variation of soccer, and a version of duck-duck-goose), speaking only in Grammelot.


ACTING
The scenes that went today were Comedy of Errors and Two Noble Kinsmen.

The only notes I took down today:
- Finding a shared perverse sense of humor can be the difference between friends and best friends, or sometimes between best friends and lovers. (I think it was connected to a discussion about the Taming of the Shrew scene.)

Newbie and I will be working on Twelfth Night during tutorial time on Tuesday, and I believe D-Train and I will be doing All's Well That Ends Well Tuesday during class. We're supposed to be off-book for all scenes on Tuesday.

No comments: