4/21/10

Wednesday, April 21

VOICE
We did a vocal production day.

And then we did something exciting. For the first time ever, the entire class did "The Asolo Tremor" (which is an official destructuring position that was created at the Asolo Repertory Theatre). The tremor involves people putting their hands against the hands of others, and then having simultaneous arm tremors. We did it with the whole group in a circle. Very cool. The 1st-years have already been doing it for awhile, but Voice Professor held off on letting us do it until now. I'm glad we got the chance before leaving. (It sounds like there have been several classes that never learned it at all... it's not a typical tremoring position.)


MOVEMENT
We worked on Commedia stuff. I hope it all turns out okay.

I have to say, I'm in love with my Vittoria costume. I took a pale yellow skirt of mine and attached bright orange and yellow (fake) daisies around it. I have a pale pink and yellow corset top (acquired at a recent clothing swap). I have bright purple tights (and an extra pair of underwear that I'm going to wear OVER them, in case I flash the audience during acrobatics). I have a bright pink bead necklace. I have a grey cap that I put an orange daisy on. I have bright purple fingerless gloves. I have a ring that's an orange flower that's made out of a zipper. And I'm wearing my ballet shoes. And I have a yellow bandana as a prop, which I think I'm going to loop around one of my fingers, so that I don't have to carry it.

The joke I have for Vittoria is that she's bad at balancing. She's always about to fall down, and ends up in strange positions. She has a wobbly sort of walk. She faints a lot. And sometimes when she falls down, she needs help getting back up. It's a lot of fun.



ACTING

My notes:
- In Measure for Measure, don't come on as servant until after Iceman says "How now, who's there?"
- don't face full-front out. Always try to stay at least a little bit off center. (General note)

Richard III:
- good momentum
- "And must she die for this?" - walk quickly
- "stone cold heart" - no sarcasm
- "lose their heads" - land
- "Be brief..." - get away with it
- "What, thou?" + "How canst thou woo her?" - voracious innocence. Make sure you understand him
- "Haply will she weep." - land
- Build was good!
- watch the cues
- "Write to me" - don't show anything. too much suffering


All's Well:
- ring sighting needs work
- very good scene; really coming along

No comments: