4/12/10

Quotations: Volume 54

Here are some of the educational, inspirational, and humorous quotations from my classes this week:

(Disclaimer: quotations are often taken out of context and may not accurately reflect the way they were originally intended)


(after a discussion of how Voice Professor is looking for books on Dimidov to give Machinal Director)
Voice Professor: Can you tell me his full name?
All-The-Way: I don't know it. (beat) I think it might be Al...ex...an...dre...
Killer: Don't make stuff up.

"Petruchio tells us at the beginning that he's gonna play a lot of roles. 'You want me to be the Great Santini? And saw a woman in half? I'll do it.'"
- Acting Professoressa

"If you start smiling like a chimpanzee, I'll be all over you like white on rice."
- Acting Professoressa

"I've paid my three dollars; now I expect sex."
- Acting Professoressa, on the mindset of the audience

"Oh... I think she needs a shave..."
- Acting Professoressa, mocking how awkward it looked for Killer to cup All-The-Way's face in his hand during a scene, as though he were examining her

(after discussing two possible choices she could make in a scene)
All-The-Way: I think I'm sort of straddling the two now, and I need to make a decision. Sorry, that sounded dirty.
Acting Professoressa: We didn't take it that way, [All-The-Way], I promise you. Only your dirty mind thought that.

"Next year, if you see people relapsing, just a little reminder. 'Dude, go back to your Doings, man!'"
- Acting Professoressa

"Do your Doings. That should be tattooed on you somewhere. Do your Doings."
- Acting Professoressa

"Baaaaaking a caaaaake can maaaake you laaaaate."
- Voice Professor, who made up a sentence for the "alien" vowel in Irish dialect when Angela was a few minutes late to class because she baked Iceman a birthday cake.

"Ask him. 'Where has my youth gone?' 'Where did I put those potatoes?' 'How do you get to Ringling Boulevard?' It's a real question. Ask him."
- Acting Professoressa, demonstrating how to ask a question instead of making it rhetorical

Acting Professoressa: Okay, now someone asks you a question, [O.D.]. What are your choices?
O.D.: (folds arms) Pout.

"'I WILL love her.' 'I've GOT to do it!' 'My gonads are bursting!' Make each one different."
- Acting Professoressa, on not letting declarations of love turn into a list

1 comment:

Mega said...

I need to meet this professor of yours. Sounds...awesome.