4/22/10

Thursday, April 22

VOICE
Our last day of Voice class. Ever. EVER!

I'm sad about it, but most of my classmates seem to be excited that we're coming to the end of our classes here.

I hugged Voice Professor.

We did a day of vocal production, including vocal extremes.

And at the end of class, we did our closing routine one last time. We sat with long spines, brought our hands together, and said "Namaste". *tear*



MOVEMENT
We rehearsed all of the Restoration whatnot for the showing. The Pavane is still sort of crazy.

My stuffed turkey monologue is actually really great, and I'm proud of it. Movement Professor complimented me on how graceful and elegant I've become.

We also did some Commedia. Things change every time we do it. I hope it turns out alright.




ACTING

We had one last rehearsal before the showing, and here are my notes...

Richard III:
- use lower voice register
- don't have false start near the top
- after "Be brief" (mildly blow him off), don't look at Richard until his response
- on "handkerchief" speech, don't stop and start. Do it on one long cross, and get where you need to be

All's Well
- on "Will you not, my lord?", don't push Bertram



The showing went very well. And I'm relieved that it's over!

I'm going to miss Acting Professoressa, though. She's awesome. I hope to see her around a lot next year.

No comments: