4/14/10

Wednesday, April 14

No Acting class today, as the cast of The Game of Love and Chance had a final tech run before their opening night.

VOICE
Another day of vocal production, for the benefit of the actors.


MOVEMENT
Movement Professor wrote a rough sketch out of a whole LONG 11-person Commedia scenario for our class, incorporating all the lazzis we came up with for our characters. We played around with it for awhile, and then eventually, it evolved into something completely different.

We started it over and tried again.

Lots of fun things happened. At one point, there were two Flavios (who is the man my type, Vittoria, fancies) because someone else had disguised himself as Flavio. And the Harlequino took both of their handkerchiefs, and then Vittoria thought that HE was Flavio. It was insane.

At one point, Columbina (Wifey) and I switched places, but then the three men took Ruffiana's love potion and had fallen in love with Columbina, and I revealed the switch to get away from them.

Very fun stuff, this Commedia. I wish we had more time to work on it before our showing.



THE GAME OF LOVE AND CHANCE
Opening night!!!

I am so proud of my classmates. The show was completely hilarious, and they still found truth within it. They're awesome. I was laughing at all the wrong times, and apparently they could tell it was me... Haha. It's a lovely light show amongst the rest of our relatively dark season. If you get a chance, go see it and support them!

No comments: