4/27/10

Quotations: Volume 56

Here are some of the educational, inspirational, and humorous quotations from my classes this week:

(Disclaimer: quotations are often taken out of context and may not accurately reflect the way they were originally intended)



"You two need to stop traveling, or I'm going to have to call you on it. (demonstrates basketball referee hand gesture for traveling)"
- Acting Professor, to Big Show & Two-Shots-Up, about not moving their feet to regain balance while they're passionately kissing in their Much Ado About Nothing scene

"Creativity will not be tolerated."
- Voice Professor, to the 1st-year class (as reported by them)

Angela: (to Voice Professor, after hearing about the "Creativity will not be tolerated" quotation) Did you really say that? That's not true. If you didn't allow for creativity, we wouldn't have the sentence, 'I like Thai guys'. (a sample sentence for the "aI" vowel created by Two-Shots-Up)
Voice Professor: If you had [1st-year JaS] and [1st-year TS] in the same class, you would understand the trouble with creativity.

Voice Professor: Where did [O.D.] go?
Angela: He's like Waldo, remember? (silly voice) Where's Waldo?
D-Train: No, because Waldo's always hiding in plain sight.

"[Iceman], I love what you're doing, you drunken sod."
- Acting Professoressa, to Iceman about his drunken jailer character in Two Noble Kinsmen

Acting Professoressa: Tell me to look out the window.
Wifey: Look out the window.
Acting Professoressa: HA!

"If she tells me to eat pickles, I'll pull out a swordfish."
- Acting Professoressa, demonstrating how Petruchio (Iceman) says he'll solve each problem that he might have with Kate

Acting Professoressa: Do you know what I'm saying, [Thrill]?
Thrill: Yeah, the problem is just that I don't know how to ask a question. My life is over.

Angela: (hugs Voice Professor) [Voice Professor], it's our last ever day of Voice class.
Voice Professor: I know. It's exciting!
Angela: It's sad!
Voice Professor: I have never had a class that was more ready to move on than this one is.

(after the Taming of the Shrew scene)
Acting Professoressa: [Wifey], did you pinch his nipple?
Wifey: I did.
Acting Professoressa: I liked it. I liked it.

No comments: