9/6/08

Quotations: Volume 2

Here are some of the educational, inspirational, and humorous quotations from my classes this week:


"An artist cannot really be an artist without money." ~ Movement professor

"For me, its like, there is a God. When you feel all that release at once." ~ Voice professor

Acting professor: Were you thinking about the secret?
"Thrill": No. In my mind, I was like, "Big booty hoes, bump wit' it."

"Playing with your niece is one thing. Escaping from a rapist is another." ~ Acting Professor

"We will never discuss a theme in this class. Themes are nouns. Themes are unplayable. We're looking for the verbs. The action." ~ Textual Analysis professor

"I'll go with you to La Boheme, but you have to promise me she won't die." ~ Acting professor quoting his English teacher

"What feels natural to you now might just be a habit." ~ Voice professor

"Thrill": Do you wear the blazer all day? Like in the car and everything? Or do you put it on right before you walk in?"
Acting professor: First of all, I sleep in it.

"Killer": I think it's just that I don't eat apples that often.
"Big Show": But if we were discussing masturbation, it'd be easy for you.
(on the physical memory exercise we did in Acting class)

"The scariest thing to me is when an actor eats a generic apple even when the apple is real." ~ Acting professor

Acting professor: [O.D.] looks like he enjoys eating apples, right?
"O.D.": *taking a bite* I really like apples.

"Activity is great, but passivity can be beautiful." ~ Acting professor

Acting professor: What did you want to do in that exercise.
"The Pro": I wanted to leave.
Acting professor: Leave the room?
"The Pro": Yeah, leave. Leave the program.
Acting professor: Excellent.
"The Pro": Excellent?! I need an apple!

"I've got buckets of that stuff." ~ "The Pro", on what he did in the exercise that he thought was unsuccessful

"The only forbidden thing in this exercise is to forbid." ~ Acting professor

"Don't say 'I think' or 'I feel'. I don't care what you think or how you feel. I care about what you can prove in the text." ~ Textual Analysis professor

No comments: