9/27/08

Saturday, September 27

As I mentioned before, I have tonsillitis (or possibly strep). I wrote a casual email to my voice professor to let her know. She had told us to contact her if we had any "vocal emergencies", and I wasn't sure if this qualified. Here was her response:

hi Angela,

thanks for your email, it is important to keep me in the loop on these things. you really should be on VOCAL REST, at least throughout the weekend and monday.

this means:

no talking
no whispering
no talking whatsoever on the telephone unless its absolutely essential, like calling your doctor. it's very stressful on your voice
hydrate
drink warm tea, or hot water with lemon & honey
steam

please call me (it will be considered essential since we are discussing taking care of your voice) on MONDAY night on my cell with an update. if you get my voicemail leave me a message & i'll call you back. it's excellent that you went to the doctor immediately. that's exactly what you should have done under those circumstances of white spots.

you can call me before monday if you need any guidance.

take good care!




So it looks like I'll have a few days of silence. *sigh*

~A~

1 comment:

Gary said...

Hi, I was wondering if I could possibly get your email so I could ask you questions about your undergraduate studies and thing of the like. I noticed you usually update your blog almost everyday so I hope you get this.