9/27/08

Quotations: Volume 5

Here are some of the educational, inspirational, and humorous quotations from my classes this week:

"My crying was convincing. Mountain Laurel was very worried." - Voice Professor, on practicing screaming and crying at home the night before. Mountain Laurel is her dog.

Voice Professor: What's the uvula?
Me: The hang-y ball thing in the back of your throat.
Iceman: The thing that Mickey Mouse hangs onto. After the giant ate him.
Voice Professor: I would accept that on a test.

"As you are learning how to swim in a pool that has no water in it, I suggest that you imagine the water." - Acting Professor

"Your will is in your feet. Weak character, weak feet. Strong character, strong feet." - Acting Professor

"Michael Chekov is algebra." - Acting Professor

"Hey now, Big A. I don't know if we have to use 'ridiculous' as an adjective." - The Pro, to Acting Professor

"Let it. Let it. Let it." - Acting Professor, encouraging us to allow things to develop instead of forcing them or fighting them

"Helping it is also killing it." - Acting Professor, on rebuilding an impulse

Big Show: I think your shoes are interesting.
Wifey: How?
Big Show: They don't match anything you're wearing.
Wifey: There's blue in this shirt. *points to skinny blue line amidst her red and green plaid*
Big Show: I'm no fashionista, but you wear those all the time, and they never match.
Wifey: But they're interesting, right?
Big Show: Well, yeah. Is that why you wear them?
Wifey: No. I thought they matched!
(in an ambush exercise)

"Stop all the b***s*** dialogue!" - Acting Professor, on us losing our objectives in exercises

"We had a blanket." - Iceman, in an exercise after someone asked, "Were you protected?" about having sex on a beach

Thrill: I need some soft hands on my face.
Voice Professor: [Thrill], I can't do that, man.

"When you start to say, 'oh s***', that means thirty more seconds." - Movement professor, on our isometrics

"We were interrupted yesterday... by the arrival of five p.m." - Acting Professor

"The book's fine. I'm gonna get into the book. Or not." - D-Train, on a prop in an exercise

"I'll talk mostly about Great Britain, because I have a fascination with Britain. Sorry... Or, you're welcome." - 2nd-year Director C, in a presentation

Director C: Who knows what 'the problem play' is?
Big Show: I do!
The Pro: I had a problem with Oedipus...

Big Show: I have a question that may be completely unrelated.
Acting Professor: What's for dinner?

"It was about the shoes the whole time? What the f***?" - Iceman, after an exercise where Wifey found a note revealing his infidelity. He read the prop note, which was actually about someone borrowing shoes.

"He said 'it's kinda late,' and I thought, well, you're kinda fat." - D-Train, about an etude with Killer (who is NOT fat, in any way, shape, or form) refusing to exercise with him

"[Killer], you have lovely pectorals. I have noticed those. Just wanted to make you feel better." - Wifey, making sure Killer knows that he's not fat

No comments: