9/10/08

Wednesday, September 10

MOVEMENT
We've moved further into our breathing and relaxation work. We've also started doing stretches that my body does NOT like, so I have to modify things. There's something wrong with my hip socket/groin region. Whenever I put my legs into a "butterfly" position, I have pain.

VOICE
We continued work on consonants. We also learned a new tremor, which involves putting your hands in the air. "The Pro" found it in a major way, which was especially great because he's had difficulty with finding previous tremors. We have a test in this class on Friday over a lecture from last week, but it's been so long that I'm not sure I even remember what the lecture was about anymore. Eek! Must go over notes...

ACTING
"Big Show" and I did an etude that was pretty successful. The dialogue was:
Big Show: I have to tell you something.
Me: Okay, but can you look in the other room first? I keep thinking there's someone behind that door.
Big Show: There's no one there.
Me: Okay. What did you want to tell me?

Lame lines, I know, but it turned into something nice. "All The Way" and "Iceman" had a really great exchange as well, that actually made me sort of emotional.

We've been working on physical memory, so we started sharing pieces we've been working on of doing actions without objects. It's sort of like miming, except you're trying to remember the sensations of dealing with objects instead of resorting to pantomime conventions. I presented a piece based on putting in my contact lenses. I think I did pretty well, but my professor has asked me (and a few other classmates) to find different pieces, as he thinks too many of us picked events that took place in a bathroom. He has suggested trying an activity that we don't do on a daily basis, like baking a cake or repairing a bicycle chain. I have no idea what I'm going to do... Oh well.

No comments: